COVID-19 Update & Dental Office Protocols
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- New "Car-to-Chair" protocol for our patients is active.
When you arrive for your scheduled appointments, we kindly request that you call us at 860-563-1688 to inform us that you are here. To avoid having patients and companions waiting together in our reception area, we will meet you at the door of the Atrium and escort you to your treatment room and chair where the entire area has been completely disinfected and ready for you or to ask that you wait in the comfort of your car or outside until your chair is ready. Once ready, we will escort you straight back to your chair with no waiting inside our office. NOTE: We are also allowing a little extra time between appointments to minimize waiting times and allow for extra infection control measures.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
My amazing dental team and I want to THANK YOU for entrusting us with caring for your oral health! We looking forward to seeing you again and answering any questions about our new infection protocols.
For questions or concern, please don't hesitate to contact us via the following methods:
Office Phone: 860-563-1688
Office Email: Info@WethersfieldFamilyDental.com
When facing these challenging and uncertain times, we can over come virtually anything when we all work together. We offer our prayers and warmest thoughts to you and your families and friends. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Young Liu
and the team of Wethersfield Family Dental Center
Know the Symptoms